Thursday 1st April 2010 - Hooray the weekend starts here


The Easter bunny visited us at work today. I got a crème egg one. I've eaten one or two crème eggs this year. I think my waistline will be glad when they disappear from the shops. Generally I don't eat a lot of chocolate. I can't eat it late in the evening as it causes nightmares, and I have to really fancy it to want it anyway. Mint choc Aero's, Bounty's and crème eggs seem to be my weakness. I've decided recently that I'm not so keen on Belgian chocolate. I like the taste of Caramac too but prefer not to eat a whole bar at once. It's very sweet and sickly.

It was Dax's last day at work. End of an era. He had been off sick quite a lot over the last year or so but when he was there, annoying as he was sometimes, he got stuff done. There are no plans to replace him at the moment but I think that is a bit short sighted of them. We'll see. I wanted to get up to The County to join him and friends for a drink but didn't make it. I was late leaving work, and then, unexpectedly, I was cooking dinner for four. Meatballs and pasta bake tonight. By the time I'd got ready to go out it was 8.30 and time to get over to the Windmill. Raw, the band that Brian is in, were playing tonight. It was very good. They had several positive comments. They say that they don't play the most popular tracks on an album but go for the 11th track. I've no idea how true that is but whatever they were doing it worked and was enjoyed by all. I hope they get more gigs soon. They didn't have enough material to play beyond 11 pm but they played a couple of popular ones, “I will walk 500 miles” and “Alice”.

No comments:

Post a Comment