Thursday 15th April 2010 - Toys r Us

Today's main news was the eruption of a volcano in Iceland. Although looking pretty, it is causing devastation in it's wake and it has affected the UK as all flights have been grounded due to the ash in the air. Our manager was coming back from Germany this morning and was lucky enough to get one of the last planes back into the country.

After work tonight, I had the house to myself so I sat down in front of my laptop and started to make some business phone calls. I didn't get very far. Half a dozen phone calls later. 5 refusals/no answers and an “I'll get back to you with a date soon”. Also long chats with Jose/Maria and Brian. I then started to look at finding a reasonably priced bicycle so that I could join the others for the first cycle ride of the year. I didn't really want to buy a flat packed one. It would have been easier to buy one from Halfords or the shop on Ellingham as I could have then had them put it together and I could have ridden it home. We'd looked in Halfords at the weekend and the only bikes suitable for me started at £189. When Dave went to the shop on Ellingham last, there was a problem with where to park, so we decided not to shop there. I checked a few places and found that Toys R Us sell adults bikes too, and they had one in stock that looked good. As soon as Dave got home from work, we went straight to Chatham. It only took about 25 minutes to get there. After trying a couple of bikes for size and comfort, I decided on the one that I'd seen online. It even has front suspension, so that should help if I find one of those horrible potholes. It was also reduced from £119.99 to £79.99, and it's a pretty colour too. I think the guy at the till was having a nap. It certainly looked like we woke him up. It's a good thing that we went in Dave's car as I would have struggled to get it in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment