Friday 2nd April - To Folkestone on the beer

Oh, my feet hurt! I knew I shouldn't have worn my boots today but they were necessary as my jeans were too long for flat shoes. We walked to the station about 11 o'clock and got to Chambers in Folkestone soon after opening time. I started on the strawberry fruli beer and didn't have anything else while we were there. It was something that I hadn't had before and after that sweetness, everything else didn't taste right. I had a lovely lamb stew for lunch. We didn't leave there until 5pm, which was later than intended. We then swaggered to the Guildhall. Dave and Lisa had been shopping for rabbit ears. As the shop didn't have enough rabbit ears for everyone, they bought some hats too and for some strange reason, a set of boobs! The boobs soon got damaged. The ears and boobs caused some concern in the pub. Games of pool were played and more drink consumed. I'm sure Lisa's drink was knocked over by a not-so-fat bum, but I'm told it could have been the pool cue. Paul joined us at the Guildhall. From here we went up to the Pullman. It was somewhere that we hadn't been before but they had a good beer selection, including Oyster Stout. We just had to keep everyone from being rowdy as it was a bit more posh in here. The other customers seemed to be having civilised chats, and then we invaded. From here we went on to the Lifeboat for another beer and then onto a curry place. I had a prawn dupiaza. Dave ordered food but then spent most of the time in the toilet. We suspected he was having a nap. Then he left us here as he needed to get out and walk. When we got to the station he was safe and waiting for us. A good day was had by all.... what some of us can remember of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment