Sunday 4th July - Partylite Training

Having set the alarm for 6.45am, I guess I was so worried about being up late that I was awake at 5 past 5. I did manage to get back to sleep, sort of! I got up at quarter to 7, and was in the car and on my way by 8pm. I got to Sam's on time, and arrived before Karen. Sam and I joined Karen and we set off for Middlesex. The journey was mostly uneventful and we arrived about 5 past 9. The meeting wasn't due to start until 11 so we had plenty of time to sit in the garden and enjoy the sun. We were disappointed to find out that there was no tea/coffee provided before the meeting.

We made our way to the Music room where the meeting was being held and we started on time. It was very good, informative and entertaining. The morning flew past and it was soon time for dinner. This was a buffet served outside under the gazebos. Dessert was lovely but a strange mixture of sickly chocolate cake and fruit. I had a slice of melon. We had to rush back to the afternoon session, where tea/coffee was being served as we went back to our seats. In the raffle draw, I got a pumpkin melt warmer, and I was lucky enough to buy a “Partridge in Pear Tree” for just £3. We had another fun afternoon training and we were soon finished and able to get on our way home. We had a good run back and I got home about 5. Dave was still out. I got some food out of the freezer defrosting, got changed and then it was time to go bowling.

I was trying to curve bowl and it didn't work out too well. I was below my average on all 3 games but I did show a bit of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment