Wednesday 6th January 2010

Apparently the heating was left on overnight at work last night and it certainly made a difference. I didn't need to wear my blanket today and we didn't have the extra heater on.

Tomorrow's PartyLite meeting in Watford has been postponed now until Friday 15th due to the weather conditions. I'm pleased that I haven't got to make that decision myself in the morning.

I collected the bowling scores from the bowling alley tonight. We won... we won... we won..... :) Not that we did very well but the couple we were playing against didn't do well. Jose and Sara also won all of their games too.

Tonight, I went to Asda after work. I bought some Salmon steaks that were reduced as they need to be eaten today. I cooked them up with some herbs, a tin of ratatouille and a tin of tomatoes. Asda also had some adult cycle helmets for £3!! So I bought one as it will be a good present for our additional cycling partner for this year. When I got to the check outs, there were only two staffed ones open and I had a trolley full of shopping. I braved the self service. Somehow I managed to put the whole lot through without needing assistance. A tip when using the self service tills is to spread your bags across the "bagging area" so that you can pack the shopping without lifting up the bags. Then I think you have to leave it all on the "bagging area" until you've finished or it has a hissy fit at you!! It seems clever enough to know the weights of stuff too. Although I do use the self service, I feel that this does take a job away from someone though and they seem to be more popular since last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment