Happy New Year


My plan for 2010, as it is every year, is to try to write more blogs. As usual, I’ve not started very well. It might help if the “play” buttons on Facebook on the games didn’t have magnets on them for my mouse!! Three Towers Solitaire is the favourite at the moment. Then I need to check out the status updates and photos to see what everyone has been up to. It’s a mega distraction.

I had to go out in the garden to go some milk from the outside fridge earlier. The garden looked really pretty again covered in the remains of yesterday’s snow. (As in today’s picture). We couldn’t believe it when we woke up yesterday and it was snowing. Only about an inch of it but it’s not usual. That’s one week before Christmas and one week after. I made a snowball later in the day from the snow on the car, just so that I could say that I had. The snow on the roads had all gone and mostly from the paths. Just the cars covered and the grass.

The last couple of days, while I’ve been at home, I’ve been tackling the washing mountain, watching a set of my 40 hours+ DVDs that I got from Santa and getting together a complete list of all the Partylite stuff that I have. It’s scary when it’s put together in a list. Even more scary when catalogue prices are put next to it. I need to have a sale.

I just saved this document as I had a scary moment when my PC just froze up. It seems really weird typing the date in. The first time that I’ve had to save a file in date format this year. We’ve been through 70s, 80s, 90s and noughties... what are we into now? We had this conversation with Mum and Dad yesterday. Tens doesn’t sound right. Also do we say “two thousand and ten” or “twenty ten”? I’ve posted the question on Facebook. Let’s see what everyone thinks.

I’ve just been having a long promised sort out of stuff. An old CRT monitor is going today to Mike and Julie’s. I’ve had my new monitor now for over 18 months and the plan was to have another PC set up downstairs but there’s no room for such a big monitor and I’ve been using my laptop more. Also going today will be some kid’s duvet covers and some clothes. Then I must get on to my Ebay “project” more. Again, leaving Facebook until last would be useful!!!

Right, on with the work.... blog 2 in planning, so that’s a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment