Saturday 16th January 2010

Another morning passed me by where I probably wasted too much time on Facebook, mostly on Three Towers Solitaire. Martin called to break up my morning. He asked to call round on his way out. He sounded close to tears. I automatically feared the worst regarding his Nan. I soon realised when he arrived that the reason he sounded as he did was because he was losing his voice. He always goes ultra sonic and squeaky when he gets ill. We had a cuppa and then we went up to Kengate for a look round. It is a brilliant fancy dress shop. The best one (maybe the only one) in Ashford. Martin had seen something there that he wanted my opinion on and I wanted to deliver some invitations to my friends that work there. We need more fancy dress parties as an excuse to dress up. Though it could get expensive!! They have some great stuff there.

Once Dave got home from work and he'd had something to eat, and I'd pulled myself away from the PC, we went shopping. Light bulbs from B&Q, and then over the road to Currys to check out their big screen TVs. It's a bit confusing and with no one about to offer advice, we then went over to Comet. As soon as we arrived a chirpy assistance welcomed us with a cheery hello. Once we had looked around at a few, Dave went to talk to one of the many assistants that were about. She was very helpful, and pointed us to a lovely looking TV that we almost bought. She'd got as far as signing into the nearby computer when I noticed a bigger one next to it for the same price. So I asked her quickly what the difference was. She said that she had forgotten that this one was still on offer and should have shown us. Dave would have been cross if we'd got further with the purchase if I hadn't have said something. I had to put the seats down in my car to get it in, and just like the adverts, they brought it out to the car for us.

In the evening, Sammy was hosting a candle party for me. I had packed my bags carefully, with view that everyone had seen PartyLite before. Maybe it was because it was a big table but it didn't seem like I had taken much at all. As it happened we did have one “PartyLite virgin” so I ran through the wax forms, etc and just showed the lovely new stuff that I've got. It was good night. Thank you again Sammy for hosting. Hope you are pleased with all the lovely commission you got, thanks to your lovely friends. Now I just need to work out how to get the Scentsational special offer that we promised. I think it worked out to £70 of freebies.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I thought the staff in Currys were downright rude, and the staff in Comet were (at best) surly. The girl who sold us the telly came over as rather disinterested.
    I wish we'd gone to Richer Sounds in Maidstone. It might have been more expensive, but the staff there made the effort to be civil.

    ReplyDelete