Wednesday 5th May 2010 - Swimming

This morning we stayed in the caravan as it was soon clear after breakfast that Emily needed to have more sleep. I started the next House of Night book. I'd finished Chosen and I am now half way through Untamed. They are very good.

When Emily was up and about again, we went swimming. The pool opened at 2 pm. As we were too early we went for a drink in the bar. The bar didn't meet our standards. If we had been eating there, the food on the menus looked good and wasn't expensive. We had a lovely swim. It's been ages since I've been in a swimming pool. The last few years, I've only swum in ponds or rivers. I'm glad that I can still swim. I'm just not a strong swimmer. I also don't like to get my face wet. I hate it up my nose.

When we got back to the caravan, we had a late lunch. It was nearly 4 pm. We then went for a little walk. We got to the other side of the caravan park. Sam and Emily turned back as Emily was too tired to go on. We walked a little further along the coast and took some photos of the bay. It's not as pretty when the tide is out. It looks very muddy and dirty. In the evening, Dave and Chippy went to get fish and chips from Alf's which is off the site but not far. The fish was lovely. Massive thick pieces. Roaring Meg was the new beer that we tried tonight. A honey summery one that would be better served chilled. We then watched the Dave channel for a while, Top Gear, QI and Red Dwarf. We drunk a bottle of port, with cheese, biscuits and grapes. I think that Dave drunk half of the bottle and we had the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment