Monday 3rd May 2010 - Portland

Today we set off about 11 o'clock to go to Portland market. It was OK but not as big as we'd expected. We bought some books for Emily, a waistcoat jacket with lots of pockets for Dave, a new peg bag (do you know how difficult it is to find a simple peg bag?), a hat for Dave (there's a donkey somewhere with a cold head), some grapes and bananas. We left quite quickly when it started raining. By then we had seen it all. Until then, I had been contemplating buying some sun glasses – yet another thing that I forgot to pack.

We then drove down to the lighthouse and went to the cafe there – the Lobster Pot. The hot chocolate was lovely and I had chocolate fudge cake which was good but quite sickly. We then went for a wander around to take some photos. On the way home, we stopped off at Asda in Weymouth to re-stock. As they didn't have a George section, we went to search for another clothes shop. We managed to find a Matalan. I got a new jumper as I hadn't packed enough. The ladies section didn't have any warm jumpers unless I wanted a “sports” one or if I was size 20+. I had to get a man's small sweatshirt. I also got a cardigan/jacket which will be good for work. Dave bought a red t-shirt and more socks.

Back at the caravan, Chippy cooked roast dinner. Before dinner Sam and I took Emily out for a wander. We had fun running around and meeting doggies. How much fun can a small person get out of rock! We found a way back from the back of the site through some prickly gorse and over a fence, which was obviously not the correct way to go. Chicken dinner was lovely. After Emily had gone to bed, we watched Master and Commander. I did some more of my cross stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment