Sunday 16th April 2010 - Cycle to Pluckley


The plan was to leave at 11 but due to the trains being as unreliable as ever, Stephen was late getting to our house. We left about 11.30 and took the route through the park, through to Singleton and through the underpass to Great Chart, down past the golf course, “Five!”. The last bit was hard going as it was very UP. I think we all walked in the end,and we were overtaken, but only just, by the Wacky Races car also struggling up the hill. As we got into Pluckley, Stephen suddenly realised that he had put his Ghostbusters tee shirt on today. The Black Horse pub was apparently built in 1450. We had a lovely big table with candles. I had the roast lamb (no surprise there then) and I managed to clear my plate. We decided to pass on dessert.

Going back was 15 minutes quicker due to it being downhill most of the way. We stopped off at the Hooden in Great Chart for a drink. We had Phoenix from the Cobbold brewery as we hadn't seen this before. When we got back we had donuts and lattice pastry things with our tea/coffee. I ate two donuts which is not like me. Probably not the most sensible thing to do after exercising but cycling works up an appetite.

I phoned my sister to check on how the boot fair went. It was very good apparently. They took £180, and still have more stuff to do another one.

At bowling, I got 124, 123 and 158. On my last game, I'd got 4 9's in the first 4 frames so I started to keep a “no tap” score. (No tap = 9's count as strikes). I finished off with 240. This was a good practise for our fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment