Friday 21st May 2010


The air conditioning units have returned to work, from the Hire Station. It must be summer! Mostly I'm still cold in the office and everyone else is roasting. After the units had been on a couple of hours, it was noticed that they were leaking on the floor. Not sure what we were supposed to do to get rid of the water but they were all soon replaced with some that had built in collection buckets. We are not sure if they are working as it was pointed out later in the afternoon that there is no water collecting in these. We'll see!

As it has been such a lovely day, Dave and I went down to the beach. We thought we'd go to Dymchurch but as they are building up the sea defences and it felt like we were walking in a construction zone, we decided to go to Greatstone. We went to the fish and chip shop first which was very busy. Sausage and chips purchased, we wandered across to the beach and I sat on a sand mound to eat. I struggled to get up afterwards not wanting to put my hands in the sand to push myself up. We went down to the sea for a paddle. As high tide was at 5.30, we didn't have as far to walk as we had in the past. We watched the birds and there were cockle shells being washed up along the shore line. I was wondering how these creatures “work”. Are they like snails? Dave suggested that they only came out to eat. Later we realised that something was burrowing down into the sand leaving circular patterns on the surface. We watched and noticed that it was the cockles. They were fascinating.

I've been watching Ghosts of Girlfriends Past on the Sky Anytime. Dan pointed out to me earlier this week that when 2 programmes are recording, you can still watch Sky Anytime. I will be checking this out more often. I've decided that this is another of my favourite films. Last chance to see Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa now. This is quite a cool film in HD. The grass and the fur, etc really stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment