Wednesday 27th October – Archaeology Club

After a busy day at work, I got home and cooked scrambled egg and beans on toast. We needed something quick as we were off to Lenham for Archaeology Club. Chippy picked us up and we arrived just in time for the start despite getting stuck in the traffic near Matalan again. After Lesley's introduction, Paula gave a talk on the dig up at Wychling church. I was interested even if the boys either side of me were falling asleep. We visited the Dew Pond and the site up at Wychling Church on one of our evening walks in the summer. The woods are very dense and it is very difficult to track what could have been an Iron Age settlement. Completely by chance this week too they have found a Roman road and they are very excited about that. I guess Tim's divining sticks have been there testing this out. I have spent more time wrestling with the new DVD recorder. I think I have it worked out a bit better now. I am now able to play back in widescreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment