Tuesday 5th October 2010 - Hastings Pier Fire

I was dragged out from under the duvet when the phone was ringing. I thought it was much too early for Tony who calls about 8.30. It was Matt asking if I'd heard/seen the news. Hastings Pier was on fire. I was more upset about this than the news about Norman Wisdom passing away yesterday. Hastings Pier is part of the Hastings heritage. Apparently it's been closed since 2006 and funds have been made available to renovate it. Now it's so badly damaged it will need more than renovation..... we'll see!! Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of arson. The amount of damage done I doubt that two youngsters could have done it alone.

At lunch time I went to Matalan with Kat. She got some jeans and a few other bits. I found some perfect jars for Chippy's new flat. It was quite embarrassing though when Kat dropped and smashed one on the floor while we were still shopping. It's much safer to get a trolley or basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment