Sunday 7th November 2010 – Parsnip Soup

I mostly had a lazy day. Dave went to help Chippy, leaving me snoozing. I had breakfast and spent more time on my PC than I should have done, as usual. When Dave got home, I made him a sandwich, then Dan came home with French bread and meat. So Dave had lunch no. 2.

When the rain had stopped I took a walk to a deliver Partylite hostess pack to Sue who is local.

As I had lots of parsnip thought I'd make some soup. After checking on the internet, I found quite a few recipes for parsnip and apples. I would never have thought of putting those together. So using what I'd read as a guideline, I made parsnip and apple soup, sort of making it up as I went along. I hope I can recreate it one day. I peeled two large parsnips, and chopped one for roasting and one for the soup. Boiled for 15/20 minutes. Took out the parsnips for roasting and added 3 chopped apples (sweet ones) to the water. This was then boiled until soft with a couple of vegetable oxo cubes. When soft, this went in the blender with a splash of soy sauce to give it a bit of colour. Yum!

Later I watched Night at the Museum 2 (2009) that I recorded months ago. I don't think it's as good as the first one. I didn't realise that the girl in this, Amelia, is Giselle, the princess in Enchanted (2007).

(As it's November, one of my firework photos for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment