Friday 11th June 2010


Not a good start to the weekend. It has been raining most of the night. We had an indoor paddling in the front of our tent in the early hours of the morning. One of the pegs had come undone. It looks like Dave has been mopping up with his socks. As we lay awake about 6.30 listening to the rain, Dave looked very forlorn and asked if we should go home. I figured that we would get more wet getting home than if we stayed put.

After breakfast, we stayed in the big tent most of the morning while it carried on raining. It stopped towards the end of the morning. Tony and I went shopping in Asda. Having spent ages doing the shopping, I then remembered that there was a couple of other things that I needed that were upstairs in the shop at Kings Hill. A car phone charger being one of them. I got one for £3 that has 6 different attachments. I left poor Tony downstairs with the shopping while I ran. If it wasn't bad enough that the sat nav nags, now even the travelators tell you off if you walk on them and don't stand still.

During the afternoon, friends and family turned up at different times and set up around us. We were soon tucked in and not looking so lonely. We had chicken and mince fajitas for dinner. After dinner, we all sat round together to drink until late, some drank more than others!

No comments:

Post a Comment