Week beginning Monday 15th February

Monday 15th – Tonight was the official start of the bowling league. We are back to 8 teams again which is good. Batty and I had a practise/pre-bowl game which went OK. I was able to beat him 6-2 which is due to his new bowling style. I have to make the most of when I win now, it won't last!!

Tuesday 16th – This evening when I got back from picking Baerbel up, I came home to a full house. It's good to see lots more friends on Tuesdays these days. It's been a bit quiet of late. We watched another episode of Heroes. One with George Takei in.

Wednesday 17th – After work I went to Asda to find something for dinner. I chose meatballs and then bought some tinned tomatoes and vegetables to make a sauce. I also had to open a bottle of wine to help cook the meatballs. One of my favourite sayings “I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food. I was quite pleased with how the meatball dish turned out. Another one to try again one day. We watched the Igor film that I've recently recorded. Dave had every intention of only watching the beginning but stayed until the end. It was better than expected. It had some great lines in it.... “evil lasagne” :)

Thursday 18th – As is usual with half term week, Maria invited me to go to their house for Chinese, with the excuse of celebrating Chinese New Year. The Chinese was from the Golden Gate in Cheriton and is definitely the best. Jose had made madeira cake in the bread maker machine which was very good. Lovely hot with ice-cream. Enrique had got the new Up film from Blockbusters this week and dragged me off to watch some with him. It looks good and he obviously loves it as he had been watching it for two days. Must get to see it properly one day. I started watching the Winter Olympics as there was nothing else much on TV later. I've not really followed it before but I got quite into it. The Olympics are being held in Vancouver. It was the female Bob Skeleton event that was on. The speed they travel down the track is amazing. I have to use my brakes going down a hill on my bicycle. There is no way you would get me to lay on board about 6 inches off the ground and fly down an icy track, head first at 100km+ per hour.

Friday 19th – I was invited to an Ann Summers Party. It was at a friend's house that I hadn't been to before. The numbering on the long road was really difficult to work out and it took me about 20 minutes to find the address. Eventually I found it. As there were only a few of us there, we didn't have a proper demonstration, just wine and a laugh. When I got home I watched some more of the Olympics. The BBC presenter had a go down the track and really enjoyed it but it's still not for me! Each contestant does 4 runs and it's the combined shortest time that wins. Amy Williams got a gold for Great Britain. Tonight her two runs clocked 53.68 and 54.00 making a combined time of 3:35.64 minutes.This is only our ninth gold medal in Winter Olympic history.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20022010/58/winter-olympics-britain-winter-olympic-golds.html

No comments:

Post a Comment