Sunday 14th February 2010 - Valentine's Day


I woke up to the sight of a red envelope on the bedside table. If only I was that organised. I was accused of having to rush to the shop to buy one but I’m not that bad. I just had it downstairs. My card even sings to me..... apparently “you’re gorgeous”!!

A quiet morning probably wasted on the computer and then off to Tesco for the usual re-stock. There was time before I had to start preparing the Sunday roast for us to go down to the garden centre at Ham Street for an outing. Again I’ve been to a garden centre and forgot to pick up some food for my orchids. I guess they won’t need them for a while anyway as they are both flowering. One of them was a birthday present and is budding again. The other one has been in flower since I got it before Christmas from the Pamper Day event. It was intended for a Christmas present but I fell in love with it so kept it. I loved the colours especially as it matches my front room. Yet where do I keep it? In the kitchen with the other plants. I have four plants at the moment: the two orchids; my annual Christmas Poinsetta from my mum which is still alive; and a plant that I got for my birthday a couple of years ago. It’s never flowered again, it’s just got about 3 times bigger. Must remember to show CA and Brian when they come over next.

Bowling was fun, even though we lost 8-nil. We start the league in 7th place, out of 8. Sara was playing particularly well. She can kiss her high handicap goodbye. She was playing off a 68 handicap from last season and now it has gone down to 46. Although my handicap has gone from about 50 down to 42 as my games were OK, my main handicap (sorry, Bat) was my team partner who is learning a new bowling style. His handicap went from about 49 to 65. His bowling should improve dramatically now though as he gets used to bowling “properly”. I guess I’m going to get told off for saying this :) He has also ordered a new ball which will take time to get used to when he gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment