Sunday 14th March 2010

Having bought the new siphon flush for the toilet some months ago, the flushing system had got steadily worse so I tasked myself with the job after breakfast. I'd read the instructions and it all seemed simple enough. As always with these jobs, nothing is as simple as it reads. Read “Disconnect the water supply”. OK, so just turn off the tap. Why is it that everything is done up so tight that I can't shift it. After searching for ages to try and find the correct tools, I had to abandon the job as I couldn't get the cistern off the base. I did notice while the cistern was empty that there was a lot of limescale built up on the ball so I cleaned that out. The flush seemed to be working better straight after but now I'm not so sure. We need to borrow some tools to get the bits undone, and maybe some more muscle power. I then cleaned the whole room from ceiling to floor. After the toilet room, I then did the bathroom too. This took 2 to 3 hours. My arms are going to ache tomorrow. We had a lovely chicken roast dinner and then I went bowling. Martin joined in tonight as his league is on a break at the moment. I also found out that as well as Lost being back, Bones and Fringe are too. I may have missed one or two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment