Wednesday 22nd December – Work's Christmas Celebration

Our last working day was 22nd December, and to celebrate we had our work's night out. We were able to leave early so that we could get ready. There was a split in the company this year. Half of them went to the main party which was at the Detling showground. One of these big party tent arrangements. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it but none of my department wanted to go to this and I felt that I should be with them, especially as it may be Glynis's last Christmas with us as she is considering retiring. We went to Eastwell Manor. It was a lovely, civilised evening. I was collected from home by Tony and we were first to arrive. Tania soon joined us and we went through to the lounge for a drink. Once Christine and Glynis had arrived and settled, we served with these posh aperitifs very neatly arranged. They were different and tasty. There were 4 of these little wrapped parcels each.

We were shown through to the dining room. As I knew the portions are never huge here, I opted for all three courses. Being in the Accounts department, the owner of the purse strings, we went for the best option which was £25 each for the three. All were very good, served with silver service. Most people I know would have probably gone home hungry but this was plenty enough for me. I didn't feel so full that I couldn't move afterwards which is usual when eating out. After dinner, we went back to the fireside in a lounge and had another drink. An enjoyable evening was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment