Wednesday 31st March 2010

Today, the busy time at work did not let up. Although I had no orders to ship, I still had other work to catch up on. I had to update several new customer's records with training voucher information and update the version numbers. I didn't get round to the monthly corporate invoicing until the end of the day. It was 6pm before I could escape from work. I did manage to take a short lunch break to order my laptop case. I had found one that was £2.97 at PC World, Currys and Dixons, but at that price I guess I would have been extremely lucky to find a place with one in stock. I had been looking at one on the Misco site that I nearly went for. It was £7.04 with VAT and then would have been another £3.99 delivery cost on top of that. I then found a lovely pink one on the Amazon website that was £11.88 so not a lot more than the Misco one, as Amazon don't charge for delivery. It should be delivered on Tuesday, after the Easter weekend.

This evening Mum's taxi was required to go to Folkestone again. Unfortunately Operation Stack was on due to the bad weather today. It took us over an hour to do a journey that usually takes 15/20 minutes. Once we got to junction 11 and got onto the A20 we were soon there. On the way home, the annoying thing was that there were no vehicles parked in the “stack” lanes so why had they not opened the motorway again. The traffic was still being directed off at the Hythe turnoff. I had to ask Dave to take notes for me at the archeology club meeting. Lesley had asked me to do this as she was away. By the time I had put petrol in my hungry car again and got home it was about 8.15. Dan helped me cook some dinner. He had already started it. After dinner I cooked another bread and butter pudding seeing as I still had some bread that needed using up and Dave loved it so much. More Fringe recorded to disk tonight to clear the Sky+ that is fast filling up. We only have 18% free.

No comments:

Post a Comment