Friday 23rd April 2010

Today at work we got talking about old calculators. My new work colleague, Tony, is very fast on the keyboard number pad. He was saying that he remembers the days of the really old calculators, even as far back as pounds, shillings and pence. He was telling me about the calculators that had rows of 9's, 8's, 7's, etc that you put in the numbers pressing the buttons and then you pull a handle a bit like an old fruit machine. I prefer today's technology!

My candle party at home went OK. Helen, Nicky, Julie and Marie came along. I sold some of my old stock to Helen and Nicky too. It was good to see everyone and catch up. We haven't seen Marie for many years. Probably not since her engagement party and her little fella is 3 now. I think I will be seeing Marie again soon as she loves the candle stuff. Dave said she can definitely come round again. She brought home made cake too.

No comments:

Post a Comment