Saturday 24th April 2010

We walked up to town for lunch in The Gorge. It was a shame Martin was doing his shopping in Maidstone today. It would have been good if he could have joined us again. I had bacon, egg and chips this time which was very good. After lunch we had a wander around the shops, catching up with Chippy, Sammy and Emily for a little while and later we found Bernie in HMV. It's usually there that we find Bernie, or in the book shop. Dave bought a camera from Jessops. A lower spec that he originally planned to get but still far better than anything that we've had before. A bargain at £49. I persuaded Dave that Jessops memory cards were over priced and we went to GZ to see if they had them. We went into one of the book shops in town. We found some books that were 20p each. I have loads of books to read and don't really need any new ones but at that price, I couldn't leave them there. I have 3 to read and Dave found one too.

Later we went to the Renault dealer to talk to the very nice man about a new car. There were only 3 really to choose from that were the right size and in the right price range. Dave is getting the sexy electric blue one and picks it up on Friday. They all have 6 gears now, and I think it has cruise control too. It looks really cool.

Martin came round to watch Dr Who with us. The angels are very scary. At Chris's we watched “Law Abiding Citizen” first. It was a rather gruesome film and it made Martin feel physically sick. I hid my eyes. Wish I could have had ear plugs too. The story line was interesting though. Worth watching once but I won't be watching it again. The second choice of film was “Coraline”. A Tim Burton production. If you like “Nightmare Before Christmas” you would like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment