Saturday 20th March 2010

I spent more time during the morning trying to separate the toilet cistern from the base. I'd borrowed some tools from work. I was able to loosen one of the wing nuts but I can only move the other one a slight turn and it won't come off. I've tried several times spraying it with WD40 but no joy. I think I've tried so hard that the wings are bent now.

The original plan today was to be going down to Hastings for a fly-in with BKF at the Lifeboat Station. However, the weather was forecast to be bad so it was called off. Plan B was put into action. We set off to find a pub for lunch. We went to The Swan at Wittersham. I had a half of Smild. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the nominated driver but it's probably better for my health to be driving. Kat was the only one to have 3 courses. I only had a main course and finished off Kat's bonoffee pie, not that she'd left much. It was a difficult choice as there was a very good menu. I went for scampi and the boys had steak and kidney puddings. Kat had sausages and mash but I don't think she will next time as they were posh butchers sausages and had spices in that she didn't like.

After the Swan we went on to World of Water at Rolvenden. It is been a popular haunt since we have had the pond. It's the best place to get most of what is required in keeping a healthy pond. We had a wander around the gardens admiring the statues and water features that we can't afford.

On the way home, we were going to stop at The Chequers 's in High Halden but that was closed. It was 5 o'clock. We stopped at The Bull in Bethersden instead. As it is Shepherd Neame, we had the Late Red. It's probably not a pub that we will rush back to but it is convenient for a cycle ride.

At Chris's we watched “Analyze This” and “Analyze That” which I had taken along to help with getting through the A's in my film collection. I saved them as I thought the boys would like them. I think they were welcomed. Tony hadn't seen all of the first film and hadn't realised that they had even made a second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment