Sunday 21st February - Happy birthday

After Dave had opened his cards and presents, we were getting set for a quiet day after our busy Saturday. Then Simon and Corinne phoned. Did we want to meet up somewhere? Great idea. Dave did a bit of research and we soon set up for Johns Cross. It was a pub that he knew of from years ago and we could go look around the nearby camper shop afterwards, and it was about half way. When we arrived we were met friendly staff and we sat at the bar chatting and picking at the cheese and peanuts on the bar. Here is their website address: http://johnscrossinn.com/ in case you want to find it yourself one day. On the menu it was really a choice of the roast or spicy Persian lamb. With the roast you could choose chicken, beef or gammon, or a bit of all 3 which was good. The lamb won for me though. Something a bit different. We all succumbed to dessert. Apple and blackberry crumble with custard. Yum. Then we all wished we hadn't as we were very full!!

Out in the rain and down to the camping shop. We were in the shop for ages. Simon got the mega giggles about something but I can't remember what it was now. We saw lots of tents that would be suitable replacements for ours and they were not much more than £100. Dave got a gay pink mini lantern and he bought me a lovely casual bag that will be great for our holiday. When I need a new chair I will go back there again. They have different designs now. I got my flower one from there and it is lasting me well.

We got home in plenty of time for bowling. I was able to get 3 decent enough scores to possibly use as a pre-bowl one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment