Monday 22nd to Wednesday 24th February

Monday 22nd – At bowling tonight, we managed an 8-0 win. I didn't expect to win. I had been exchanging Facebook comments with a member of the opposite team during the day. He was convinced he was going to lose, especially as we had the handicap advantage. Weeks 1 and 2 are a bit strange like that. For week 1, we carry over the handicap from the last week. On week 2, the new handicap is calculated based on the scores for week 1. They had a particularly good start to the season so they had low handicaps.

Tuesday 23rd – At work today, we were chatting about what colour car is best to buy. Apparently blue is not a good colour for cars. Red still suffers from losing it's colour. I still love my blue car and I'd have a pink one too. I still love the magenta Fiesta Zetec even though I could probably only sell it on to girls or gays!! This evening we watched another episode of Heroes.

Wednesday 24th – This evening was the archaeology club meeting. Starting with the AGM. Lesley started the meeting. She got to about item 2 on the agenda and then asked if anyone was taking notes. If I had known beforehand that I was going to be given the job I could have taken along my laptop or at least a decent note pad. So I scribbled some notes on the back of the Treasurer's Report. I hope I can make sense of them later. After the meeting, Avice showed us some slides from a festival held in Lenham Square from the 1980s. Some of the ladies dresses looked like they'd been made out of curtains. Avice said that a lot of them probably had. I prefer her talks on Village Signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment