Friday 5th March 2010 - Seussical

This evening we went to see the Stage Theatre Society production of Seussical The Musical. My friend's daughter was in it. She was the baby kangaroo. It was good. They were very professional, great songs and dancing; lots of young talent there. It was based on “Horton Hears a Hoo” which isn't a story that we'd read. I only knew the story as I had watched the DVD that I got for Christmas last year. I think that if I didn't know the story, I don't think I would have enjoyed it so much. Kat wasn't impressed but it's not really her thing. She only wanted to come along as it was part of her Dad's Christmas present. Brian and Batty came along too. The last time that we'd been in the Haslitt Theatre was when Kat met the Poet Laureate when she was about 12. She had been selected as she had written a great poem at school. At the moment I'm struggling to stop singing “Oh the Thinks you Can Think” and “Amazing Maisie”. It won't help me to stop singing them but I think I'd like to get the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment