Thursday 20th May 2010

This week I cycled to work on Tuesday and yesterday. It's much better than being in the car and the route is so pretty. It is cycle path most of the way. There are plenty of pretty birds about, the lovely smell of the flowers and I heard the frog chorus by the pond near the cinema. Yesterday on the way home, there was squirrel in the middle of the path. As I got close, he panicked and jumped up the nearest tree. Only it wasn't a tree …. it was a lamp post. Wish I'd had a video camera. The look of shock on his cute face when he realised it wasn't a tree and he sort of slid down it before disappearing into the hedges.

A couple of days this week a heron has been visiting the pond opposite our office. He is so graceful for such a big bird. He spends a little time fishing there before flying off again. We have also seen glider planes this week. They never used to come over this far.

After enjoying my swim while we were on holiday, I'm thinking I should join a gym just to use their swimming pool. I have checked a few local places and asked a few friends if they could recommend one. Apparently Bannatynes is better if you want to make full use of the gym and they have better classes but the Ashford International Hotel has a better pool and it is more modern. Maybe later in the year, when I can't get some exercise cycling to work. I might also consider signing up for one of the free one week membership offers that are on so that I can get some idea if I get chance to make good use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment