Saturday 1st May 2010 - Off on holiday

We set off from Chippy and Sam's about 9.30. War of the Worlds was the first CD on. Once we had got to the M25, a minor disaster was pointed out to me by text from Dan. I'd left my purse at home. We decided that we could manage without it. It felt like I'd lost my security blanket though. We had a good run up to Fleet Services for our first break in the journey. There was an interesting wedding party there. The dresses the ladies were wearing were amazing – lots of sequins and jewels, and lovely colours. There was also a party of girls dressed as Super Teds accompanied by 2 not so teenage ninja turtles. The next stop was at Winchester Services. We went for Burger King. We had the chicken pieces which were good. Emily had a little play on the frame and slide outside before we set off again for the final part of our journey. The traffic leaving the services was bad. It took us ages to get going again. It also rained very hard. Hopefully that's it for the wet now but I doubt it. We also listened to Rocky Horror Show CD and Joseph. We were on to Mamma Mia when we arrived. We found the caravan and parked up. Then we had to go to reception and collect the keys.

Once the cars were unpacked, it was time for a welcome cuppa before the boys went shopping for dinner. I've been introduced to Ceebeebies. Typically, nothing changes, the TV goes on for the little ones and the adults end up watching it. Hoof and Safety.... quality. “Hazzard!!” Dr Who was good. That sorted the angels out.... for now!! After Dr Who, Chippy cooked dinner. We had steak, potatoes and mushrooms. It was really tasty beef. Usually I cremate what I eat. It made a change to try it “medium rare” and I found that I liked it. I will have to do that myself sometime. After dinner, it was soon Emily's bed time, so we chatted and read for a while. Once the little cute one was tucked up in her cot, we watched 2012 film. It ws good. Dave was the only one to stay awake through all of it. I think the rest of us slept through parts of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment