Saturday 22nd May 2010 - Cycle to Bethersden


We were late starting out as Kat had forgotten her phone, after charging it up before they left. We set off to Great Chart again but taking a different turning there up the hill instead of the way that we went last week. Our destination today was the George in Bethersden. Previously we had only been to the Bull in Bethersden but we fancied a change. We sat in the lovely beer garden. I had the mild which was cold and refreshing. For dinner I had Steak and ale pie. It was lovely. Others had steak pudding, scampi and chips, and prawn salad. As usual it was hard work getting back on to the bikes again. At least we managed to decline pudding. We stopped off at the Hoodeners Horse in Great Chart again and managed to get a table in the garden. The little garden right at the back that we have sat in before was closed. When we got home, Kat and I went up town. We needed stuff for the piggles and she wanted to show me the art exhibition that someone from her college had set up in one of the units in the shopping centre. When we got back home, we found the boys in the tattoo shop. Then we enjoyed our cake feast in the garden.

After Dr Who, we found out that Kat's phone was actually lost. We think she probably dropped it between the house and the car. I called T-mobile to put a block on it. T-mobile were able to tell me that it was last used at 11.20 in the morning. She was in Ashford then. I called the phone number that they gave me. It was Channel Taxis. They couldn't help. It hadn't been handed into the Police Station either.

Later we went to Chris's. Glenn came along for the first film. We watched Music and Lyrics and Shoot Em Up. Music and Lyrics is one of my favourites that I can watch over and over again, and I think Glenn enjoyed it too. Shoot Em Up was exactly what it says on the box. Not 5 minutes of the film went by that a gun was not fired. There were some interesting action shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment