Monday 24th May to Wednesday 26th May 2010

Monday - Christine left at about lunch time as her daughter went into labour, so we await the news. At bowling this evening, we lost 6-2 but we had a high scoring last game and we are back in the season to date high scores. Batty got 5 strikes in a row.

Tuesday - The good news is that Christine is now a very proud Grandma to an 8lb little girl, born last night. Another Emily (Jane). Baby doing better than Mum but they'll be home soon enough. She'll still be home days earlier than I was when Dan was born. I think new Mums are sent home far too early these days. I found 5 days was about right. Gives you chance to get used to the idea and get some help with feeding and stuff.

Wednesday – On the way out from work, I noticed that the field was on fire. I phoned 999 to report it but they said that there was already a unit on the way. My good deed for the day. At archaeology club tonight, Lesley did a talk on her trip to Turkey, with lovely pictures of the Greek temples and archaeology there. No, Dave, the greek writing inscribed on the stone did not say, “No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!”

I've finished watching Lost now. I'm still lost and confused. Lots of unanswered questions. Now to put it all onto a DVD or 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment