Tuesday 5th January 2010

The training meeting last night was fun as always. Laura and Jackie were the stars of the night having done well in December. Laura got several awards for her hard work. I had a quiet December, only submitting one show order. The recession doesn't seem to be affecting the Partylite business.

Tonight we went to Andy and Heather's where we helped them eat some chocolate. Apparently it's impossible to just take one After Eight mint. We watched 2 episodes of the Family Guy and a Father Ted episode. It was snowing when we left. The weather forecast is not looking promising for me to get to the Partylite training day in Watford on Thursday. It will be a shame if we can't get there, apart from the fact that we've paid £5 to book our place.

My car went for it's MOT today. It passed but with several advisory points. Some I knew about already. Also I'm going to need a new tyre in the next month or so, and the brakes are at 50% wear. I can't remember when they were done last. It also had a service which was long over due.

I took down the Christmas lights and trees at home today. I've always left them until 6th January, that's how it always has been in our family. We had a discussion at work about 5th January being the twelfth night. If you count Christmas Day as the first then it is but I've always counted 26th as the first day. Apparently 5th January is the "twelfth night" and 6th January is the "twelfth day", so maybe we have been right all these years. Strange how we let superstitions and all that rule our lives.

1 comment: