Friday 8th January


Another snowy day. I uncovered the car … no ice to scrape today.... and drove to work …slowly. I tried out the heated waistcoat that secret Santa got me. I had to take it off after about half an hour in the office as I was too warm. At lunch time, some of my colleagues went out for a snow ball fight. I would have liked to have joined in but I the idea of sitting in wet clothes during the rest of the afternoon did not appeal. I feel the cold at the best of times.

While the snow was falling, can you believe that the cleaning company still came to clean the office windows. It's not like they were even dirty. Madness!! More snow fell during the day and this evening when I got home I decided that I wanted to build a snowman. So, why not? I'd forgotten how much hard work it is. I nearly gave up. I struggled to get the snow to stick together to roll into a ball. So I started to build a sort of snow mountain to see if I could make it into a snowman or something. While I was doing this it started snowing again and I tried again to get the snow to roll into a ball. This time, as long as I didn't try to compress the snow tightly, I was able to keep the ball shape and roll it. I rolled it around the garden as much as possible and then pushed it to the yard area when it was big enough. There were lots of bare patches on the grass by the time I had finished this. I then used the snow mountain that I had started to try to form his head. That didn't work too well so I had to make a ball shape again and roll this around a bit too. Head on, time for some “trimings”. My snowman has fizzy drink bottle top green eyes, green Partylite packaging as eye brows, a stella bottle top nose, a rose branch twig for a mouth and he is wearing a strategically placed leaf!! I thought he came out OK considering I was going to give up earlier, especially when the snow started coming down again, and went down the back of my neck. It has snowed so much this evening that the grass is covered again and you can barely see where I cleared it earlier. We've not had snow like this for many years. My car is buried again, the tracks in the road have disappeared and it's still snowing. I've taken some more photos today.

Off to bed soon, hopefully this awful cough doesn't keep me awake again. I don't like to sleep sitting up but as soon as I lay down to try to sleep it starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment