Sunday 3rd October 2010

Another lazy morning spent in front of the computer and the TV. Some might say “wasted” but that's their opinion! Dave had vanished early to help with moving furniture. I set myself up in the peace and quiet of the front room and watched Penelope film that I had recorded recently. Still love it and I've seen it about 3 times now. I've recorded it on to DVD to send to my niece, Fiona. I had also recorded Monsters Vs Aliens as one of our friends calls her “Ginormica” as she is getting very tall. She hadn't seen the film so I had recorded this on to disk and had enough room left to put another short film on.

When Dave got home, we had lunch and then went shopping in Wilkinsons. I think I will be going back there to do some Christmas shopping as I saw lots of good things. Just need to make a few decisions and not leave it until end of November and December like I have done the last few years, and not go with Dave. He's always keen to get in and out as quickly as possible. I mainly wanted somewhere that sold pens to write on to DVDs. Our shopping soon grew to a new bowl for the kitchen, some cleaning wipes, highlighter pens and some light bulbs. I don't think it's possible to go into Wilkinson's for just one item, unless you go there a lot.

At bowling this evening, we had arranged to pre-bowl with our opponents as I have a meeting tomorrow. It was good fun, and even better that we won 8-0. We deserved to win the first game but the other two games were not so good. The other team were also having similar bad luck. We really didn't expect such a victory as we were playing against the team that was in second place behind us. Now we have opened up our lead which is very good.

1 comment:

  1. Women know how to shop. I have tried to teach Alan. You must check out all shops for the items you want. You then weigh the pros and cons of all the items you have seen. You then go and buy the cheapest......easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete