Sunday 27th June 2010 - Out and About

I had breakfast in the garden again as it was so hot already. During the morning we set off for Marden to go to the Air Ambulance Open Day, stopping on the way at a pond shop to get stock up on more fish food. There was something wrong with the pricing in the shop. On a big sign it said buy two, get one free. So at £6.70 a bag we picked up 3 bags. When we got to the till the assistant tried to charge us £15 for 2 bags and then £6.70 for an extra one. We had to point out the big sign that had the offer that we wanted. Then she rung them through the till at £15 instead of £6.70 x 2, so we got an even better bargain.

At the Air Ambulance Centre, Dave bought me a jigsaw puzzle and a leather book mark. We saw the real Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It is a beautiful classic car. There were other lovely old cars there too but nothing compares to this. When we got back to the car, the thermometer said it was 34 degrees.

On the way to Teston, we stopped at a lovely pub in West Farleigh, The Tickled Trout. It was very welcoming and the food was good. The Tiger beer was served in Tiger glasses, even my half pint. I had a lovely ham and cheese ploughman's. We went on to the dog show at Teston. We had a lovely ice cream and a wander around the stalls. I think we had missed the main attractions. The field looked quite strange with gazebos and little doggy tents in the main part of the field and nothing much around the edges.

We then went to another Aquatics shop. There was also a farm shop here. They had lots of lovely fish. The Koi, Sturgeon, etc outside, marine and tropical inside. As I wanted to go back via the A20 rather than the M20, we found ourselves near to Hobbycraft which is somewhere that I've wanted to go in for a while. So we stopped here. They even have the Bob Ross stuff that Dave can't get in Ashford any more and they also had stuffed animal kits which are difficult to find too. And a good jigsaw selection.

Back home again, I had another hour to soak up more sun in the garden before getting ready for bowling. It was so hot though that I moved my blanket into the shade and had a snooze.

When I got back from bowling, I sat in the garden until 10 pm reading my book. As it was getting darker I had to use the torch on my mobile to get the chapter finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment