Saturday 19th June 2010 - Fancy Dress & Camping shopping

The original plan for today was to do some archery at the Batfarm. We have been keeping a check on the weather forecast all week and it was forecasting strong winds and showers so we decided to have a shopping day instead. Not a normal shopping day though. We started out at Kengate to sort out our costumes for a Tudor themed birthday party that we have been invited to in August. As neither of us are “normal” size we didn't want to leave it until too close to the date as we might have found that they weren't able to help us. The first dress that I tried on was beautiful but, as was pointed out to me by one of the girls there, it did look very big on me. I was also having trouble getting the skirt bit to stay tied up. We found a couple of smaller dresses to try. One was too tight and although I got it zipped up, I felt that if I was trying to move about in it all day it would have ripped. I also tried on a gold one but Dave thought another red one looked better. This red one had a matching “Anne Boleyn” style head dress but Dave thought that one looked silly. So we have opted for a ring headdress, a red and gold dress and a hooped petticoat. Now I just have to remember not to dye my hair a colour that clashes with the dress.

After dumping our cardboard recycling and broken gazebo at the tip, we then set off to the farm as we were going with the Bat. We set off to Johns Cross Camping Centre. We bought a few things here. They don't have as many tents set up here. I would guess that they stock more and most of them you would look at their website for. It is worth a visit though. On the way from here we found the Oak and Ivy pub. It was very nice but we had to wait a while for our food and I complained that my chips tasted like they had been sitting for while. The fish was lovely though. I think they were struggling as they had a wedding party they were trying to look after that wasn't due to arrive for another couple of hours. We would like to go back again one day to give them another chance. Dave and Batty's food was OK.

We found our way to Camping International afterwards in Gillingham. We had another look around the trailer tents again.... we can dream! When we got to the tents we found that all of the tents were being offered at 10%. We are glad that we waited a week now. In the camping shops today we bought: a table; a cooker; a 2 seat bench; a BIG kettle; some BIG tent pegs; a big sleeping bag, pillow and fishing stool for himself; and a tent. Our tent even has a carpet. I talked Batty out of buying the huge fishing bed yet as he would also have to upgrade his tent at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment