Friday 9th July - Off to Brighton

Having got the food shopping at Farm Foods and Asda last night, I could concentrate on packing and getting ready. By the time I'd sorted out some paper work that needed doing and had my shower it was gone 10.30. It took ages to get the stuff packed into my car. I went round for Tony about 11.30. Seeing as I had said that I'd be round for him at 11, I was surprised that he still had to visit the shop! Never mind, we were soon ready to go. The journey was uneventful and we arrived at the time that the sat nav said that we would, about 1.30. The end of the journey was a bit scary where the usual route across the road to Stanmer Park was closed and we had to go up the hill and turn round but I soon worked it out.

When we arrived we sorted out the kitchen stuff and Tony had his tent to put up. Kevin and Linda set up quite close to us. They have had their new pup since yesterday and you would think she had been with them for ages. She looks so happy and settled. They've decided to call her Amber. Mike and Julie arrived too with Fiona, Paul and Alfie, Gaynor and Mick with Matthew and Caitlin. Terry and Irene joined us about 5 ish.

It was soon time to start cooking dinner. We had lemon and broccoli chicken. I chose this tonight as it was a recipe that I wanted to do and as Lisa wasn't with us and didn't like broccoli. I didn't know that Terry had a strong aversion to broccoli too. My assistant chef and I sorted him a separate lemon chicken portion. Served with rice, it was welcomed by all. We had a wander around the field after dinner to say hi to our fellow campers. Irene and I made quite serious headway into a box of wine. At one stage in the evening, she was feeling a little worse for wear and a little bit chilly. I suggested a run up the hill to wear off some alcohol and warm up a bit. She couldn't believe she went along with it and had the giggles! Sorry Irene, it worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment