Saturday 5th June 2010 - Warehorne

As we were having a later start with our cycle ride, I spent time, with my breakfast, enjoying the sun in the garden. As I was sitting by the pond, a cheeky black bird came for a bath. His beak was so orange it was more the colour of a toucan's. Once I'd got my camera to try and take more pictures of birds, all the birds became camera shy and didn't hang around to be photographed. So I took some pictures and videos of the fish.

We cycled to Warehorne where we had been before but this time the food was not good. There wasn't anything on the menu that Kat liked. She said she'd try a chicken caesar salad, but didn't want bacon. They brought out a plate of lettuce leaves with some yellow stuff drizzled on it with about 4 small pieces of chicken on the top. We sent it back. There was no way we were paying £10 for that, especially as she was not going to eat it. Our ploughman's wasn't good either. How can you get a ploughman's lunch “wrong”! I had 3 small pieces of different cheeses, apart from the one that similar to Brie, I didn't like the others; about 3 small toasted (dry/crispy) pieces of French bread; some strange pastry things, some dry lettuce and a pot of pickle, even that wasn't particularly good, it certainly wasn't Branston. It was all laid out very “nicely” on what I can only describe as a chopping board. Appearance certainly didn't improve the experience for me. Needless to say, we won't be going back there until maybe someone tells us that it's changed back to “real” food! There was only one meal that was enjoyed and that was the burger and chips. We had hoped to be able to get Kat something to eat at the Kings Head in Shadoxhurst on the way home but we barely made it there in time for a drink before they closed.

Once home, I then went to Tesco to get BBQ food. At least then I could make sure that Kat got something to eat. As it was her birthday, I got lots of good stuff. We invited Martin to join us and it was lovely sitting in the garden before Dr Who started. We then all went in to watch this before it was time to go to Chris's.

At Chris's, we watched Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Both good Johnny Depp films.

No comments:

Post a Comment