Tuesday 9th February 2010


I went to a Partylite meeting in Swanley today. Love my sat nav. I wouldn't want to go anywhere without it nowadays. Even so, I still take printed instructions, aka “scrat nav”! It seemed strange driving up the motorway and seeing the snow on the hills but no where else. It's was a good meeting with training on getting bookings, sponsoring and doing parties, etc. I bought a couple of £5raffle tickets. All of the tickets are a guaranteed win but what you win is the luck of the draw. My first prize was a grapefruit fresh handwash and hand lotion set. This is £20.50 in the latest catalogue. My second prize was even better. It is a global fusion hurricane. This is something that I should have got when I joined two years ago but somehow missed out, and in the excitement of getting my new kit I didn't realise until over a year later. This is nearly £58 in the new book. So, all in all, I did ok.

After the meeting, I went straight to Sevenoaks. As I got there earlier than intended, I didn't expect to find anyone home. I was going to check that I knew how to get there and then go shopping. However, my friend was home. She had had an accident in her car in the morning, barely getting off the drive. The handbrake had been getting stuck in the very cold weather. So, the night before, she had parked the car in first gear with the hand brake off. In the rush to get out in the morning, the way that all busy parents can associate with, the kids were already in the car and she needed to go over the road to speak to her friend. In her rush she turned the key on the car, the car lurched forward and kept going across the road, through the friend's fence and into the side of the house. There was nothing she could do to stop it. Luckily they are very good friends. I always assumed that the car would have stalled when started but I tested this on my car when I got back to Ashford. Even on the flat it actually moves forward scarily fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment