Saturday 13th February 2010

I was stirred from my comfy pit by the arrival of the Everest man who had come to repair the front door. It was not sealing properly and needed to have the handle pushed up fully to stop the draught coming through. He made some minor adjustments to the metal work in the frame, oiled the hinges and off he went. I’m not sure it is ”fixed” as now you have to close the door really tight to get the door to lock into the catch but it is better than it was. For the rest of the morning, I spent far too long on my PC to get anything sensible done. Very soon it was time for me to rush around to get ready as we were walking to Chris’s via the town. Martin joined us and we went to MacDonalds for lunch. We didn’t have time for any other shopping as it was 1 o’clock when we went to Iceland.
At Chris’s we had a fun afternoon playing pinball and Wii. I’m not sure if I’ve got a favourite pinball table. I like “Dracula”, “Bride of Pinbot”....she can speak you know, “Revenge of Mars” and “Star Wars”. I’m not playing the new table as it is a boxing one which I’m not interested (Sorry, Chris!). I’m quite happy playing the others. The muscles in my arms are going to ache for a while. Pinball finds muscles that don’t get a lot of use. Glenn made some lovely tacos. We got through a couple of bottles of wine. Kat thrashed me at tennis on the Wii. We would have loved to have stayed longer but we had received an invitation to dinner in the evening with Brian and Rachel.

It was a lovely evening. Starter was crispy french breads with home made salsa topping. Main course was freshly cooked veal with potatoes, mange tout and carrots. I’ve not tried cooking with pine nuts before. I must try this one day. Dessert was a home made pear and syrup pudding. It was very sweet but not heavy. As one who doesn’t generally eat much, I hardly left anything. The wine, also Asti and Champagne, was flowing all night. All of this was followed by port and cheese. An altogether very civilised grown up time. We should have more dinner parties.

2 comments:

  1. Cancer research are trying to get people to have 'Come Dine with Me' evenings to raise money if you;re interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got details of "Yummy Mummy Week" which is the CLIC Sargent annual fund raiser which takes place between 6th and 14th March. I'd like to do something for that. It's a charity that supports children with cancer.

    ReplyDelete