Thursday 25th November – November Extravaganza


I should try to remember not to have coffee at archaeology club. I didn't sleep properly. I felt conscious nearly all night. I was only partially asleep. The alarm went off at 6.30, so I was up, showered and ready to go in the car at 7.30 as planned. I got to Maidstone easy enough, passing through a brief snow flurry. Then I couldn't remember which road on the estate was Bethan's. I thought I would recognise it when I got there. I got the postcode from Karen but then I couldn't get the sat nav to find the GPS signal. So I waited somewhere that I would see Karen come past so that I could follow. The 3 of us set off at about 10 past 8. We had a good run. We got through the Dartford Crossing really quickly not having to stop and queue at all. As the girls were hungry, we stopped at South Mimms services. I had a hot chocolate and warm chocolate bread which was really good. On arrival we bought a raffle prize. I got another Sabor Isleno Melts Warmer. I love the one that I take out in my kit. We were soon seated for our day to commence with door prize draws, recognition, new product and training talks. Lunch was good if a bit of strange mix. There was battered fish or chilli and rice, with various salads and other cold rice. For dessert there was fruit in juice and/or cake which was apparently a bit boozy. The afternoon was much the same as the morning and we finished on time taking with us a goodie bag of new products worth over £30 with a new catalogue and some useful flyers. The journey home was much busier. The sat nav originally said that we would be back at Maidstone at 10 to 6 and we got back about 20 past 6. I then had to go to Tesco to get petrol as I didn't have enough to get home. While I was there I went to get something for dinner. As cauliflowers were on special offer, I decided that we would have cauliflower cheese with some gammon. It worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment