Sunday 29th August – Day three of Batcamp

After breakfast Molly pup enjoyed finishing off the pate. She had such a good time at her first camp. Lots of people to make a fuss of her and interesting things to eat and smell. Terry and I went shopping in Headcorn to stock up on a few things that we had run out of. While we were there we were asked to specifically get cream which we assumed was for “special” coffees.

Later I went up to see the fisher peoples. I got given a rod while Kat had a break. A fish caught my line and I pulled it out. I had to have it unhooked for me as I didn't want to touch it. Then I managed to get the hook caught in my finger. Fishing isn't for me.

Chris arrived in the afternoon for a visit and very kindly took Steve, Trudy and Molly home when he left.

Dinner this evening was fajitas cooked by Batty. They were very good and we all stuffed ourselves silly.

Before it got dark we went to see the ducks and put them to bed. They took a bit of herding but we soon managed to catch them. We were able to have a cuddle first before putting them away. They didn't mind too much.

When we got back to the camp, we had farm picked blackberry fool with cream.... so that's what the cream was for!

Later we sat around the camp fire again until it was time for bed. The fire was burning really well this evening as it was fuelled by the wind. Usually it needs assistance from the pyromaniacs amongst us pretending they are bellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment