18th December – Christmas Party at our house

As it was snowing again, we walked up to the town for a bit of Christmas shopping. We went to the Gorge with Martin. I took lots of photos on our way. When we were on our way home we had a bit of entertainment watching the buses slide up Bank Street. The paths were mostly OK. The dodgy bit for me was crossing the road when I fell on my bum. When I got home, I checked the champagne flutes that I'd bought for a present and found that there was one broken. I thought I'd done this falling over but then I noticed that the missing bit wasn't in the box or the bag. So they can go back.

To save money, we decided to have our group Christmas party at our house. We arranged for everyone to bring along something different. There was far too much food in the end. Best to have too much than not enough. I prepared a quiz of 4 rounds. Round 1 was “Acronyms”, round 2 was “Mr and Mrs” with questions like “Just the one Mrs ….., from “On the Up”, round 3 was Disney film and round 4 was Random questions taken from the 90's quiz book. It made a change for Dave and Jose not to win!!

We had our usual secret Santa pressie swap. The budget for this year being £5. Some people did really well including me with a towel cake with scented candles and foam bath.

We were chatting with Brian and Rachel about taking Eden to see Santa and we've decided to walk to Bybrook Barn tomorrow. It will be much easier than trying to get to Maidstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment